Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorsylviaann
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010

I am not a frequent drinker and have rarely had a drink during the past several years due to all my unusual symptoms and exhaustion from lack of sleep (prior to my diagnosis).
    I would like to eventually try a beverage made with potato vodka. Does anyone know what brands are safe (i.e. grey Goose or Absolute or KettleOne??).

Sylvia ann :)
    • CommentAuthorLimag
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010

Ketel One is the safest, according to the sulfite forum, but I also have had the Stolichnaya and Wiborowa without any problems. The only one I know for sure is only form potato is Ketel One. It is pretty decent. Put in the freezer the day before you wanna drink it. Pure right after the freezer it is smoth and easy to drink. A low sal drink can be made with freshly squezed lime juice, sugar, or even mapple syrup and some club soda... yummy. If you want a recipe of the Brazilian caipirinha made with vodka (the original is made with cachaca, a sugar cane spirit): cut one lime in cubes, put in the bottom of a wiskey cup, add one heaping tbsp of sugar and crush the lime mixing with the sugar, add one shot of vodka and loads of ice. It is very refreshing for the Summer. Some people also add a bit of water to this drink to make it a little less vodka tasting.
    Enjoy.
    Glauciaxxx
    • CommentAuthorsylviaann
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010

I have heard that Ketel One is a good choice and excellent quality. I will have to pass on the club soda as it contains benzoates, which is the "kiss of death" for me (causes severe myoclonus). I also have to avoid sulphites, so maybe a dash of maple syrup or a small amount of Domin's granulated sugar (no sulphites) and fresh lime.
    I actually mix cranberry juice with water every morning and don't seem to have any problems..maybe I could test it with vodka when I get brave enough.

Thanks Glaucia!
    Hugs,
    Sylvia :)
    • CommentAuthorLimag
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

Hi Sylvia,
    Tonic water is different than club soda. Club soda should just be carbonated water and some are naturally carbonated, like Perrier. Tonic water has a bunch of other things and should not be taken by sals and sulfite sensitive people. I buy the grocery store brand of club soda and never had a problem with it, even prior to Plaquenil, which has controlled almost all my sensitivities.
    Good luck...Gxoxox
    • CommentAuthorsylviaann
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010

Thanks Glaucia,

I did not realize that Club soda was different (safe). I was thinking about trying this product..do you think it could be safe??

http://www.rwknudsenfamily.com/products/celebratory/sparkling_organic_pear

Hugs,

• CommentAuthorLimag
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010

Dear Sylvia,
    Why don't you make your own? it shouldn't be difficult. I remember making apple juice when I made my own apple sauce I noticed that a lot of liquid accumulated in the bottom of the pan, then I strained it out and added a bit of water and sugar and it tasted exctly like apple juice. Instead, make it with pears, like cook them until they are very tender and add sparkling water and sugar and see . I bet it is going to be safer. The thing is that if you can tolerate the peel of the pears, you are fine. most pear juices are prepared with the peel.

And see the one you want to try seems to me doomed to be trouble. it is from concentrate: prone to have addded sulfites. If the company buys the concentrate from another source that already comes sulfited, they will tell you they don't add it, however, it is already there. The other problem is organic natural flavours... what are they? if you go to a baking store and check on those tiny little bottles with "flacours" in them, they are mostly high concentrated salicylates. So, my dear, I would not go there. If you want to buy any juice, buy only the ones that say "not from concentrate" and organic.

Good luck with the sparkling pear juice concoction. I would like to try :) just add a splash of vodka after and you will have a cool drink for the summer.
    Glauciaxoxox
    • CommentAuthorsylviaann

Hey Glaucia,

Thank you for the great idea! Is plain sparkling water usuallly safe (no benzoates)? Do you have any sparkling water-brand suggestions?
    Are there any specific pear types that I should stay away from?

I usually purchase bosc or barlett pears.
    Many thanks again,
    • CommentAuthoralexasap

The best thing to do is to buy a soda stream.
    Use tap water and then you know it has not been messed with and carbonate it yourself.
    My son lives on it we used to make the Lime lemonade but now he just has sparkling water.
    He calls in NADE instead of Lemonade. How sweat.
    Also, you save money as it costs alot less in the long run and save the planet not throwing out plastic bottles.
    Kind regards,
    Steve.
    • CommentAuthorLimag
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010

Hi sylvia,
    Yeah, Steve's idea is great! I actually didn't think about this.
    You can make your own everything :)
    I hope it is not a great amount of money at once though.
    i'll look into it for myself as well.
    Bye
    Gxoxo
    • CommentAuthorAijca
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012

<p>particulars will effortlessly adhere to. Although white gown is truly a present invention, there had been historical instances precisely exactly where white bridal gowns had been worn inside the medieval occasions. Princess Phillipa <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/Wedding-Dresses-Column-Wedding-Dresses.html>short wedding dresses</a> . , daughter of King Henry IV <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>wedding dress 2012</a> . , wore a tunic and mantle of white satin, rimed with velvet and ermine, at her royal marriage in 1406. In 1499, <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>bridal gown</a> <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>sexy wedding dress</a> . Anne of Brittany married in white and in 1527, Marguerite of Valois wore inside a white ermine covered getting a blue coat. In AD 1613, . Elizabeth of Bohemia and her maids had been robed in white and silver tissues at her wedding. Her gown was sewn with silvers, diamonds and gold, <a href=http://www.wiredress.com/>ball gown wedding dress</a> costing her king dad (James I of England and Scotland) an huge fortune. You re in a position to choose your wedding gown on-line. You re in a position to also get other bridal accessories and jewelry to total the romantic seem youe going </p>